- For Patients
- Find A Provider
- What Hurts?
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
Female Athlete Program
- Sports Medicine Skin Clinic
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Urgent Care
- Orthotics and Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- OSS Health Orthopaedic Hospital
- Pain Management
- Primary Care
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Workers’ Comp
- About Us
Meet Dr. River Elliott
River M. Elliott, MD, is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who holds a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand. Fellowship-trained at the Curtis National Hand Center, Dr. Elliott provides comprehensive hand and upper extremity care to patients of all ages. He has special expertise in the treatment of hand, wrist, forearm and elbow disorders. Dr. Elliott’s practice focuses on both surgical and non-surgical treatment of common upper extremity problems, including thumb and wrist arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon and nerve injuries, and fractures.
Dr. Elliott dedicates a significant portion of his clinical practice in treating patients with challenging and complex upper extremity problems. He has a particular interest in difficult trauma and fracture cases, pediatric and congenital hand surgery, vascular disorders, fracture malunions and non-unions, complex reconstructive surgery procedures and microsurgery.
He also offers minimally invasive treatments for common hand problems, including wrist arthroscopy, wide-awake hand surgery and endoscopic carpal tunnel release.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship: The Curtis National Hand Center, Baltimore, MD
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification: Hand Surgery
- Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)