- For Patients
- Find A Provider
- What Hurts?
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
Female Athlete Program
- Sports Medicine Skin Clinic
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Urgent Care
- Orthotics and Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- OSS Health Orthopaedic Hospital
- Primary Care
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Workers’ Comp
- About Us
OSS Health Orthopaedic Hospital
The OSS Orthopaedic Hospital located in York, PA is the first and only free-standing facility in Central, PA that specializes in orthopaedic surgeries including, hip and knee replacements, ankle replacements, shoulder surgery, spine surgery and general orthopaedic surgeries requiring an overnight stay.
Our nationally recognized award-winning orthopaedic hospital was designed to increase safety and enhance patient experience. Consistently recognized for patient safety and infection control, OSS Orthopaedic Hospital features four technologically advanced operating suites with 26 private patient rooms. Our highly qualified physicians deliver top quality care from the initial diagnosis through treatment, surgery and recovery.
Working together as a team for our patients, we guide our patients step by step to ensure our patients are educated about their upcoming surgery. Surgical Pre-Admission testing allows our providers to meet with patients and complete a history and physical to confirm their health is ready to undergo surgery. We strongly encourage our patients to participate in our joint and spine classes to fully prepare our patients and their families on what to expect before, during and after surgery. Once surgery is scheduled, our Care Coordination team coordinates a plan prior to the procedure so patients understand what they will need to accomplish, before surgery and when they arrive home.
During your hospital stay you will be seen by the physical and occupational therapy team. Your therapy will start on the day of surgery and continue throughout your stay with two sessions of therapy each day. We will work with you on getting in and out of bed, a car, bath tub and chair as well as your walking , stair climbing, bathing and dressing. You will also be provided with a home exercise program dependent on your surgery.
Amenities at our hospital
- All our hospital rooms are private and include a handicap bathroom.
- Every room is routinely cleaned using UV Germ-Zapping disinfection robots.
- “At Your Request” room service dining, available 7:00 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. daily.
- For after hour snacks and gifts, we offer a Micro Market located in the Main Hospital lobby.
- Flat screen television in all patient rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Phone with ability to make outside phone calls in all patient rooms.