- For Patients
- Find A Provider
- What Hurts?
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
Female Athlete Program
- Sports Medicine Skin Clinic
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Urgent Care
- Orthotics and Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- OSS Health Orthopaedic Hospital
- Primary Care
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Workers’ Comp
- About Us
OSS Orthotics and Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
OSS Orthotics/DME has been servicing the OSS providers and surrounding communities with their bracing needs since June 2009. With many orthopedic injuries and other varying diagnosis, bracing is required to protect the area and allow the injury site to rest. Therefore, it is so important to have a department dedicated to providing this service and maintaining the continuity of care to our patients and community.
The department provides a comprehensive service by our certified orthotic clinicians. We work side by side with the physicians to treat the patient with the most appropriate device for their diagnosis. Patient education is another key component to our service to increase patient compliance and produce better outcomes. As an added convenience, we have a full-time billing team that handles all precertification and insurance tasks.
Our experienced clinicians handle a wide range of braces and related services, including:
- Ambulatory Aids (Canes, Crutches, Walkers, Rolling Knee Scooter)
- Fracture Bracing (Exos)
- Shoe Modifications
- Diabetic Shoe Program
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Custom Bracing (AFO, KAFO)
- Knee Bracing (ACL, Osteoarthritis)
- Spine Bracing
- Pediatric Bracing
- Hip Abduction Braces
- Bone Stimulators
- Prefabricated DME items (tennis elbow, wrist splints, Cam Walkers, etc.)
In an ever-evolving profession, the OSS Orthotics department prides itself on providing the most current treatment options available. Our cutting-edge devices provide superior protection as well as patient convenience in the not-so-convenient circumstances. Please contact our department directly to set up an appointment today. 717-848-4800 Ext. 6688
Meet Our Clinicians
Sarah Wooden, CPO, MBA, MHA
- Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist. She has been practicing since 2000 and sees patients in our Powder Mill location.
Heather Eberly, CPed, CFoM
- Certified Pedorthist/Orthotic Fitter. She has been practicing since 2006 and sees patients in our Powder Mill and Mechanicsburg locations.
Sharon Hont MS, LAT, ATC, CPed,
- Certified Athletic Trainer/Pedorthist/Orthotic Fitter. She has been practicing since 1992 and sees patients in our West York and Powder Mill locations.
Nick Rohrer, LAT, ATC
- Certified Athletic Trainer/Orthotic Fitter. He has been practicing since 2017 and sees patients in our West York and Powder Mill locations.
Abigail Brightbill, LAT, ATC
- Certified Athletic Trainer. She has been practicing since 2019 and sees patients in our Hanover location and Powder Mill location.