- For Patients
- Find A Provider
VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution
Understanding Your Knee Replacement with the VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution
A knee replacement is a procedure performed to fix the damaged parts of a knee with different types of implants. Advanced technology like robotic-assisted devices can help your surgeon perform a precise knee replacement surgery personalized for your specific anatomy.
Every knee is different, as is every patient requiring a knee replacement procedure.
The VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution assists your surgeon in optimizing surgical outcomes. It does this by using intra-operative data that’s unique to you. Your surgeon utilizes the technology during your procedure to enhance the accuracy and precision of your knee replacement to help you start moving again.
How does the VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution work?
The VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution uses a variety of advanced technologies to ensure the surgeon has the information and tools they need to perform a highly accurate and precise knee replacement. This solution is designed to:
• Aid your surgeon by accessing state-of-the-art technology to provide insights for real-time
• Help your surgeon remove the damaged bone with accuracy. This robotic-assisted device does
not move or operate on its own.
• Use an infrared camera and optical trackers to help your surgeon gather the necessary data
about your anatomy to achieve a high level of precision
The VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution works exclusively with the ATTUNE® Knee System. The ATTUNE Knee System has been provided to over 1 million patients worldwide and is designed to deliver a greater range of motion and faster recovery, so you can get back to living the life you want to live.
How is robotic-assisted technology different?
Robotic-assisted knee replacement: Traditional knee replacement:
• Technology controlled by the surgeon2 • Hand-held tool
• May experience less pain and a faster recovery • May experience a longer recovery time
• More consistent outcomes • There may be more variability in the surgical processes and outcomes
(inconsistencies can affect recovery)
What are the benefits of using robotic-assisted technology?
There are a number of potential benefits to using this technology for your knee replacement. During your procedure, the technology will gather details and data related to your knee to help find a favorable implant fit. Additionally, robotic-assisted technology may allow your surgeon to perform a knee replacement tailored to you, while providing both precision and accuracy during your procedure.
Robotic-assisted technology may deliver*:
• A greater range of motion (how well you can bend and flex your knee after surgery)
• Less pain compared to traditional methods
• Faster recovery times (reduced length of hospital stay, hospital readmissions, and health visits)
* Findings based on studies conducted across multiple robotic-assisted total knee replacement systems.
Things to Discuss with Your Surgeon before a VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution Knee Replacement
• What type of knee replacement do you think is appropriate for my situation?
• What are the other knee replacement techniques and technologies available? How do they compare to the VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution?
• Can knee replacement surgery help relieve my pain and stiffness?
• What are the benefits and risks of knee replacement surgery?
• How long will it take to recover and rehabilitate from knee replacement with the VELYS Robotic Assisted Solution? And what is my role in recovery and rehabilitation?
• If I choose to undergo technology-assisted knee replacement surgery, will I be able to resume daily activities?
Important Safety Information
As with any medical treatment, individual results may vary. The performance of knee replacements depends on age, weight, activity level and other factors. There are potential risks, and recovery takes time. People with conditions limiting rehabilitation should not undergo this surgery. Only an orthopaedic surgeon can determine if knee replacement surgery is an option for you.